在使用轉述句時的時態變化
在直述句改為轉述句時,一般要將直述句的時態往前推:
She said, "I am tired." = She said that she was tired.
直述句的說法 | 對應的轉述句 |
---|---|
現在簡單式 | 過去簡單式 |
"I always drink coffee", she said | She said that she always drank coffee. |
現在進行式 | 過去進行式 |
"I am reading a book", he explained. | He explained that he was reading a book |
過去簡單式 | 過去完成式 |
"Bill arrived on Saturday", he said. | He said that Bill had arrived on Saturday. |
現在完成式 | 過去完成式 |
"I have been to Spain", he told me. | He told me that he had been to Spain. |
過去完成式 | 過去完成式 |
"I had just turned out the light," he explained. | He explained that he had just turned out the light. |
現在完成進行式 | 過去完成進行式 |
They complained, "We have been waiting for hours". | They complained that they had been waiting for hours. |
過去進行式 | 過去完成進行式 |
"We were living in Paris", they told me. | They told me that they had been living in Paris. |
未來式 | 現在條件式 |
"I will be in Geneva on Monday", he said. | He said that he would be in Geneva on Monday. |
未來進行式 | 條件進行式 |
She said, "I'll be using the car next Friday". | She said that she would be using the car next Friday. |
如果轉述動詞是現在式,或原陳述句的內容對現在來說依然是如此,就不必改變時態。例如:
- He says he has missed the train but he'll catch the next one.
- We explained that it is very difficult to find our house.
這些情態助動詞在轉述句並不會改變:might, could, would, should, ought to
- We explained, "It could be difficult to find our house." = We explained that it could be difficult to find our house.
- She said, "I might bring a friend to the party." = She said that she might bring a friend to the party.